This page covers all four of these topics, because all four of these topics require using an online “HCSV account”. HCSV accounts are described below. (HCSV stands for “Humanist Community in Silicon Valley”.)
HCSV accounts contain all of the information that has been entered for a given person. Registering for an HCSV account allows you to occasionally receive important announcement emails from HCSV about HCSV events, important announcements, fundraising, volunteer opportunities, etc.
After registering, anyone can also login to their HCSV account in order to become a member, renew their membership, make a donation, volunteer for HCSV, verify and correct their basic information, see their donation history, etc.
You can register for an account even if you don’t become an HCSV member or make a donation. But in order to become a member or make a donation online, it is required that you register first.
You can use this page to:
– Register an HCSV account (required once)
– Log into an HCSV account (required to become a member, donate, volunteer, etc.)
– Become a member of, or renew your membership in, HCSV
– Make a donation to HCSV
– Volunteer with HCSV
Registering an HCSV account
In order to register an HCSV account:
Click here to open a pop-up window. Then click the “X” in the upper right corner of the pop-up window in order to remove the pop-up window. Then fill out and submit the requested information on the remaining page in order to register your HCSV account.
Note: If you’re not sure whether you’ve registered before, or don’t remember your Login Name or Password:
Click here, enter your email address in the box titled “Email Address” at the bottom of the pop-up window, and click “Recover Account”.
If you have registered before, then your Login Name and Password will be emailed to you. If you haven’t registered yet, then you won’t receive an email. In this latter case, please follow the steps listed above under “Registering an HCSV account“.
Logging into your HCSV account
Once you have registered for an HCSV account, and know your Login Name and Password, follow the following instructions in order to log into your HCSV account:
Click here, enter your Login Name and Password in the pop-up window, and then click “Log In”.
Once you have logged into your account, using the drop down menu on the right-hand side of the screen, you can see your donation history (if any), and make a new donation if you wish. You can also see your membership history, and become a member if you aren’t already one. You can see a list of volunteer opportunities within the Community, and apply to take part in any of them that you would like to. And you can review any volunteer projects that you’re involved in, and update your profile, addresses, and password. People who have become members can see a member directory.
Membership (becoming a member, or renewing your membership)
HCSV relies exclusively on membership fees and donations from generous supporters like you to provide free programming and events. We are a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, and a Chartered Chapter of the American Humanist Association. All membership fees and donations are tax deductible.
Some of the benefits of becoming a member of HCSV are:
– Being a recognized part of our community
– Voting rights
– Can be a candidate for the Board of Directors
– Can be involved in the decision-making for the organization
– Directory access to other members
– Birthday greetings (via email and in newsletter)
The membership yearly registration fees are:
$50 for an individual
$75 for a household
All membership fees are tax deductible.
In order to become a member, or renew your membership:
After you have logged into your HCSV account (according to the instructions given in the “Logging into your HCSV account” section above), the website will tell you whether you have an active membership or not. If you don’t, click “Join Now”. If you do, click “Details” and then click “Renew Now”. In either case, then:
(1) Select which type of membership you want (individual or household)
(2) Click the box next to “The membership you have selected will automatically renew” if you want your membership to automatically renew each year
(3) Enter any additional donation that you would like to make
(4) Click “Submit”
(5) Enter your credit card information, or click the button next to “E-Check” and enter your bank account information (if you want the money to be taken directly from your bank account)
(6) Click “Submit”
We highly recommend that you use the above online approach to becoming a member or renewing your membership. But if you prefer, you can print and fill out the membership application form, which can be found here. Then:
- Mail your application form and check to: Humanist Community, PMB 343, 1111 W. El Camino Real, Ste 133, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
- Bring your application form and a check, cash, or credit card to a Sunday forum
Any extra money paid will be considered to be a donation. PLEASE print clearly.
Any donation amount is welcome! All donations are tax deductible.
Click here to donate online via credit card or E-Check (i.e., a direct transfer from your bank). Follow the onscreen instructions.
We highly recommend that you use the above online approach to donate. But if you prefer, you can also:
- Mail your check to: Humanist Community, PMB 343, 1111 W. El Camino Real, Ste 133, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
- Bring a check, cash, or credit card to a Sunday forum
In either case, please include a note with your name, email address, and phone number (in case we have questions). PLEASE print clearly.
Ambassador’s Club ($1000)
President’s Club ($500)
Volunteering with HCSV
Here are some of our volunteering opportunities:
– Membership Committee (build our community)
– Social Action Committee (make changes for the better)
– Hospitality Committee (assist with Forum lunch setup or host a potluck)
– Program Committee (help find new Forum speakers)
– Technical Database Management (help maintain or learn a new system)
– Create a Fun Event (games, potlucks, movies, outings and more)
– Publicity (social media or printed)
– Other/Special Skills
After you have logged into your HCSV account (according to the instructions given in the “Logging into your HCSV account” section above), click on the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the page which says “What would you like to do?”. Then click on “Volunteer with HCSV”, and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you have any questions about any of the above information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.